Creator: Outlaw Effects
Publisher: Peter Nardi & Alakazam
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 33 minutes
Type of effect: Magic Wallet
Manufacturer's Write Up:
Alakazam Magic is Proud to Present The Hideout V2 by Outlaw Effects.
Back again with a second helping of Outlaw Effects goodness. Once again the master of wallets Tony Curtis took on the task of recreating one of the mentalism communities favorite wallets. Made to Tony's super high standards the Hideout V2 is an amazing piece of awesomeness that you will carry with you every day!
Disguised as an everyday bill-fold wallet, the Hideout V2 is a powerhouse full of hidden pockets and even has a very sneaky peek built in.
1. Its primary functions are multiple outs/indexing and built in peek!
2. This wallet has twenty pockets, two of them gaffed for the built-in peek, eight pockets that are "hidden" and they're not in the bill compartment. The bill compartment is not gaffed.
3. It has pockets that are wide enough to hold business cards, credit cards, Kioku cards, Psi Cards etc. Nine pockets of the twenty are deep enough to completely conceal a playing card.
4. It can be set up as a switching wallet. The wallet duplicates itself (don't ask).
5. The billfold compartment is deep enough to easily hold British currency (the wide stuff).
6. There are hidden pockets that can hold playing cards, be used for indexing, multiple outs, KK routines etc.
7. There is a built in self-contained outlaw peek function inside the wallet!
8. It is so simple yet so devious.
9. A devastating addition to your arsenal!
It is the father of all intimidating destroyers! (Not sure what that means, but it sounds cool!)
How accurate is the ad copy? No deception
What's in the box? Leather wallet designed by Tony Curtis and the DVD
Key points: It's a regular full size bi-fold hip pocket wallet. It is made from high quality leather to Tony Curtis's exacting standards.
How are the production values: Alakazam always makes great DVDs and this is no exception, a lot of fun to watch Peter Nardi and David Loosley have fun with this wallet.
Is it well made: Designed by Tony Curtis who has made wallets for Kenton Knepper, Wayne Dobson, Peter Nardi and many others
Is it well taught: Peter Nardi and David Loosley sit back in the Alakazam studios at a table and go through the effects one at a time – similar to other Alakazam products.
My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked how many pockets this has – lots of outs!
Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It is a little wider than a typical man’s tri-fold, but at the end of the day it is a leather wallet.
Does it "play big?" I think this wallet has great potential
How much arts and crafts are involved? None
How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) totally the wallet is super easy to use and very deceptive.
Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.
X Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion
The wallet is great, but size wise was a little large for my needs. I think it’s made deeper to hold European money and it’s just a tad bit …. Too big for me.
+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hAT57xQ6A