Creator: Mathieu Bich
Publisher: Mathieu Bich
MSRP: $ 120
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 15 min
Type of effect: Peek Utility / Note Pad / Mentalism
Manufacturer's Write Up:
Four years after the successful launch of Nomad Pad... Presenting the next generation. We have worked with Nikola since the Nomad Pad was brought to the market, taking on board user feedback to correct the imperfections of the old version. Discover the result of this work with Nomad Pad 2.0
- its ease of use
- the pocket size of the notebook
- the reset integrated into the stylet
- immediate access to the information
- a paper refill included in the pack
- new, more direct handling.
- a slightly different size (+1 cm) to achieve a PERFECT width/length proportion (based on the Golden Ratio)
- Better legibility of writing with a new, more precise plate
- A better light gray/dark gray contrast (in the new plate) for use in all lighting conditions.
- A 30% larger writing surface for the spectator
- Anodized magnets integrated into the notebook design (therefore practically invisible)
- More pages for a greater number of performances.
How accurate is the ad copy? Spot on accurate, I didn't have Nomad 1 to compare, but this description is highly detailed. (the video above is for the Nomad 1 and the two are not THAT similar)
What's in the box? Included in the Nomad Pad 2.0: A Nomad Pad, a stylet, a paper refill and a link to a private website where you can download the instructions.
Key points: Performable right out of the box with only a few tips, highly versatile, will seamless integrate into several of your mentalist routines
How are the production values: Video download is available in two languages, English video has a voice over, with thick accent. One main angle/view.
Is it well made: This is highly well made, object feels weighty and sturdy like it could last for a long time.
Is it well taught: The video is only 15 minutes long and includes no effects
My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I love that this device is basically a "peek" device that requires no "stolen glances" you can literally stare at what the spectator has written or drawn and get no heat from it.
Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Note pad and pen could easily fit in a pocket
Does it "play big?" This is a utility/tool that every mentalist needs in their repertoire
How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) I have not tested all lighting sources, but the transfer seems pretty distinguishable. I would add that if it's hard to read for you - you simply need to "reset" the device and the clarity should come back
Overall score: 9/10
+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGTFrBj6W8