Creator: Chris Severson
Publisher: Shin Lim Presents
Skill Level: Intermediate
DVD Run time: 10 chapters long each a few minutes
Type of effect: card control
Manufacturer's Write Up:
The Selenium Shift is a move that Justin Miller has called "The BEST control he's (I've) ever seen!" A move allowing you to control a selected card, anywhere in the deck, to the top. This shift can also move multiple cards, at different depths in the deck, to the top in a blink of an eye. No breaks. No passes. No disturbing the deck order. It's silent, invisible and oh ya... it's all done one handed.
The Selenium Shift is taught in an over-the-shoulder angle, giving you the best learning experience and an understanding of how the move is done.
You are going to learn the basic shift and a total of ten handlings and routines including:
- Multiple Shift: Four selections go into four different parts of the deck, and as they are squared up, they instantly appear on top!
- Cover Shift: A selected card is squared into the middle of the deck, and is instantly underneath the top card.
- Instant Sandwich: A signed card is pushed into the center of the deck and instantly sandwiched between a pair on top of the deck.
- Rising Card: A selection is placed face up in the lower part of the deck, and if by magic, the card jumps up through the deck, until it reaches the top.
- One Handed: A card is placed in the deck and as soon as you look away, it appears on top of the deck, one handed, with no cover.
- Pseudo Center Deal: 4 aces go into the center of the deck, and you effortlessly deal them out onto the table!
- The Full Routine: Schizophrenia: A signed selected card routine that has 3 color changes back to back, and inverted deck, ending with a FULL deck color change. All happening in 10 seconds.
- Color Change: A buttery color change that just melts one card into another.
- Card Vanish: A face up card instantly vanishes on the deck with no movement.
In addition, there is also a companion book that teaches another Eight techniques, ideas, and handlings in full detail, with over 50 photos to help you learn.
- Shift Half Pass
- Instant Card Location
- Triple Card Color Change
- Snap Change Clean Up
- Adobo Two Card Production
- Clean Color Change
How accurate is the ad copy? While I agree it's not a "pass" or a "break" it's kind of what would happen if a break and a pass and the erdnase change had a baby. And it's only "invisible" with a lot of practice (and big hands)
What's in the box? DVD
How are the production values: great shots, clean environment, HD, over the shoulder shots and lots of practical ideas included
Is it well taught: Chris gives you so much for your money. He's very quiet and relaxed. The concept is simple but the applications are... massive. One move produces a ton of cool magic.
My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): the tricks you can do with this sleight are insane - the sandwich effect on here is super beautiful and easily my favorite effect on the DVD.
Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It's all skill and a deck of cards.
Does it "play big?" The move doesn't have any play at all. It's all you and the magic effects you apply the move to.
How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) this sleight can be done if you can do the pass. It's going to require the same type of skill, angle and practice.
How original is this idea? Chris took his inspiration from Ray Kosby's rays rise move (also was sold earlier as Contriwise Shift on Theory 11)
Overall score: 10/10
+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ll3FwqehM